Have some questions? Browse our list of frequently asked topics below. If you still cant find your answer, please contact our sales team who will be more then happy to help you!
GOWNS & PRODUCTS
Q: "If i require alterations on any of the gowns is this possible?"
- Peony Rice does not offer an alteration service for its existing collection unless you are able to come to our studio in Hong Kong or Shanghai. Please ensure to double check our fit guide to ensure you purchase the correct size. We suggest working with a local tailor in your area, who is experienced with bridal wear.
- Overseas bespoke orders will be made to your initial measurements given at the time of purchase. You may still need to consult a specialist tailor for any final adjustments.
- Alterations are included for bridal & bespoke orders if you are based in Shanghai or Hong Kong, as these are made to measure in house.
Q: "Do you offer made to measure sizes on all your gowns?"
- Yes we offer made to measure service for our collection and our bespoke gowns to your initial measurement requests.
- If you place an order on an existing style from our collection, are locally based and available for fittings, we are able to provide small alterations.
Q: "How long until my gown/accessory is ready to ship?"
- All gowns require a 4-6 months turn around period, as each one is made to order, especially for you. Time frame will vary depending on the complexity of your gown, so we suggest that you order your items with plenty of time.
- All soft accessories require a 4 -6 week turn around period as these are made to order, unless we have stock. Time frame will vary depending on the design.
- If you require your items sooner rest assure. We offer a rush service for both gowns & accessories. Please visit our rush service option here for more details.
Q: "How often do you update your styles and designs?"
- All the time! Our studio is constantly working on new and exciting designs for both bridal and special occasion. Keep checking back on our website to keep up to date or follow us on our social media to get the latest.
Q: "I am looking for accessories to go with my gown, can I buy here?"
- We offer a wide arrange of head accessories, veils, capelets and bridal belts. Let Peony Rice be a one stop haven for all you ladies.
Q: "Do you offer a bridesmaid collection?"
- We offer a capsule collection of modern gowns and cover ups that are suitable for both special occasion and bridesmaids. Our head toppings, and soft accessories are also ideal for your bridal party.
PAYMENT, DELIVERY & RETURNS
Q: "My purchase arrived damaged. What should I do?"
-Take a clear photo of how the goods arrived in the packaging and one photo of the damage of the product and email it to us immediately.
- We will repair or replace the goods that were damaged during shipment upon return and receipt of the damaged goods in its original packaging as quickly as we are able to. No changes can be made to the design.
- Return shipping will be at your expense.
- Upon return of the goods - we will notify you when you will be able to receive a replacement. Shipping of the replacement will be free of charge.
Q: "What if I change my mind about my purchase?"
- You must notify us within 48 hours of receiving your order and the reason why. This must be in writing and be approved by our team.
- You must return the goods in their original condition and with the original receipt within 10 days of the shipping date. This is not applicable to bespoke, semi custom, made to order pieces.
- For all products not made to order purchased from our main collection, we offer credit for exchange only on full price merchandise. After 10 days all sales are FINAL.
Q: "What if I change my mind about my bespoke purchase?"
- You have 2 days to change your mind about your order to receive a full refund. Beyond that If you change your mind on your bridal or bespoke order, you will be entitled to an exchange for other products from our collections up to 60% off the value of your order. This is to cover our efforts and materials costs for your order that would have been processed already especially for you
- We do not accept returns on bespoke or made to measure items as these have been made especially for you.
Q: "Why do I have to pay a 100% on made to measure or bespoke bridal gowns, and also not be able to get a full refund after 10 days if I change my mind?
- We understand that purchasing your bridal gown is a big commitment, and we want to ensure you make the right decision. Please be sure BEFORE you make your purchase.
- Shopping for a bespoke gown is no different to walking into a store and making a purchase directly or pre ordering. When the order is placed, we start to process materials and our team starts to create and make your order.
- As all our gowns are made to order we do not offer a refund after this time period, as our studio will have begun the process already.
For more details on our terms and conditions click here.
Q: "Do I need to make an appointment if I want to visit your showroom?"
- Yes, our studio only accepts appointment only requests to ensure each client has privacy and our undivided attention upon arrival.
- Please call or email us to arrange a time.
- If you cannot make it, please call us prior to your appointment to cancel.
Q: " Do I need to bring anything for the appointment?"
- This is optional. If you have an idea of the footwear and underwear you will wear, please feel free to bring along to try on with our gowns.
- If you are interested in our bespoke service you are welcome to bring inspirational images or mood boards to help us understand the look and style you want to achieve.
- Minimal make up and keep the hair simple is best
Q: "What can I expect from my appointment?"
- Our sales advisors will walk you through our existing collection and introduce you to our bespoke service options.
- You will receive one on one attention where our advisors will provide you with sizing advice and styling tips to complete your look.
- We will recommend silhouettes suitable for your frame, where you can try on a selection of styles in a relaxed and intimate environment.
Q: "How long will appointments take?"
- We allocate 1.5 hours for each appointment so you can take your time to browse and try on our gowns in a relaxed environment.
Q: "What size are your sample gowns?"
- All our sample gowns are typically a US size 6. If this is not your size do not worry you can still come down to view our collection and our team will talk you through your options, and the fabric choices we have to offer.
Q: "Can I take photos for my own reference?"
We do not allow any photos in our showroom to protect our designs. If you would like these for reference, please consult with our sales staff who can liaise with you after your appointment.
Q: "Once I place my order, how many fittings can I expect?"
Expect between 2-4 fittings. This will vary depending on the nature and complexity of your gown.
Q: "I am interested to purchase a made to measure or bespoke gown/accessories but I do not live locally. Is it possible?"
- Yes! All our products including our bespoke service are available worldwide. We have a specific process catered especially for overseas clients, and regularly create bespoke designs for overseas. Our team are well seasoned and experienced with this method, so you can rest assured.
Q: "How will I do fittings if I live in a different country?"
- All fittings including taking your initial measurements will be done via video call, where we will walk you through the process. Fit samples and fabric swatches can be sent to you for approval.
To see our full guide to our overseas process click here
STYLING & SERVICE
Q: "I saw my dream dress/accessory online. Can you recreate this if i provide pictures?"
- Our bespoke service is created to help brides to be, bring their vision to reality. We take great pride in our designs and also helping our clients create their dream gown. We welcome inspirational images and mood boards to help us understand your style and vision, however we do not do direct copies of dresses or accessories as all our designs are our own, and to respect other designers.
- We take elements of your inspirations, and combine this with our signature touch and vision, to then create your bespoke Peony Rice gown/accessory especially for you.
Q: "If i have an item i want altering or customising can you help?"
- Our studio focuses only on our own designs, and does not offer an alteration service for outside products. We suggest to find a local tailor in your area.
- For special customizations for your special day - please contact our design studio
Q: "Do you offer discounts at all, or if i purchase more then one item?"
- All our designs are carefully made in our studio where we can control the quality, materials and details that make each Peony Rice item that extra bit special. We are very proud to have created a dedicated team of artisans that take great pride in our designs. Therefore a lot of time and love has gone into each piece. All our prices are a fair representation of the quality,workmanship and time that has gone into each item, therefore prices are final.
- We may offer seasonal promotions during the year and host regular trunk shows and events. If you would like to take advantage of our great offers contact us to become part of our mailing list or follow us on our social media to keep up to date.
Q: "I need help to create my overall look but am not sure how to. Can you help?"
- Certainly. All Peony Rice clients are entitled to our complimentary stylist service. Our advisors will advise the best colour and silhouettes for your frame, and ways to accentuate your outfit with accessories, as well as styling tips on how to wear your piece in different ways.
- Book for a consultation or send us an email to one of our advisors for more information.